July 11, 2017 - One Day Course.
CEU Credits: 8.00
Class Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuition: $265.00 Member / $330.00 Non-Member
Late Registration Fee of $25.00 on and after 06/12/2017
Hotel 116 (a Coast Hotel)
625 116th Avenue NE
In this course, terminology and concepts are brought to life with examples and exercises. By gaining a thorough understanding of all relevant legal considerations, right of way professionals become better equipped to avoid future problems in the appraisal, acquisition and management of easements.
- Generalist: An advanced course that can be applied towards the RWP or SR/WA program.
- Specialist: Required course for the R/W-NAC program.
- Types of easements
- Rules of construction for easements construed against grantor, specific terms in grant
- Creation of easements; express grants; express reservations by reference; implied grant by necessity, by condemnation, by prescription
- Termination of easements, abandonment, expiration/purpose ceases, release, merger estoppel, eminent domain, vacation
- Scope of use, exclusive vs. non-exclusive, division of dominant estate Maintenance and repair, obstructions
- Location and width, blanket easements by necessity, relocation
Daniel Beardsley, SR/WA, is a past International President of the International Right of Way Association with a long and diversified career in both the public and private sectors of the right of way field. A member of the Alaska Bar, Dan is an active part-time professional instructor with more than 300 courses and seminar presentations since he began instructing college real estate courses in 1977 and obtaining his certification as an IRWA instructor in 1978 (re-certified as a Climb Instructor, 2016). In addition to instructing courses in real estate, real estate law, negotiations, appraisal, and right of way engineering, he has developed and presented three International Right of Way Association Courses, 207 – Practical Negotiations for U.S. Federal Funded Land Acquisitions, 800 - Real Estate Law (U.S. version), and 802 Legal Aspects of Easements, as well as researched and developed seminars on real estate law, land titles, easement law, and navigable waters.
Questions? Ask our Course Coordinator
Ralette C Churchwell
Three ways to register
Register Online: HERE - This will take you to the IRWA National Website
Fax: (866) 388-7419 HERE - Registration form found on the IRWA National website
Phone: (310) 538-0233, x138