October 16-17, 2017 - Two Day Course
Class Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Daily
CEU Credits: 16.00
Tuition:$415.00 Member / $520.00 Non-Member
Late Registration Fee of $25.00 on and after 09/15/2017
CLASS FACILITY LOCATION:
Hotel 116 (a Coast Hotel)
625 116th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
Participants are responsible for their own accommodations
With the use of lecture, questions and answers, exercise methods and graphic illustrations, participants in this course will learn how to use engineering tools and will gain basic skills in reading and interpreting information contained on engineering plans. Participants will also learn how to read, understand and plot simple descriptions using the most common methods of property descriptions.
- Generalist: A core course that can be applied towards the RWA, ARWP or RWP program.
- Specialist: Not applicable.
- Understanding the basic principles of engineering drawings
- Understanding and interpreting information on plans
- Using an engineer’s scale to determine distances
- Identifying types of highway curves
- Determining the effects of a project on a property
- Understanding the background of property descriptions
- Become knowledgeable of the basic features of property descriptions
- Become familiar with the most common systems and methods of property descriptions
- Writing and plotting property descriptions using various methods
Steve Schmitt, PLS, SR/WA, is the Municipal Surveyor for the Municipality of Anchorage. Steve began his surveying career in 1983 and earned his Professional Land Surveyors License in 1993; he has previously worked for a number of surveying and engineering firms as well as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Bureau of Land Management as a field surveyor, contract inspector, and reviewer. He has an Associates degree in Surveying, a Bachelors degree in Management, and a Master’s degree in Business Administration; all from the University of Alaska. He currently serves as Board Member of Chapter 49 of the International Right of Way Association (IRWA), is a certified instructor for the IRWA, is the Membership Chair of the Alaska Society of Professional Land Surveyors, and serves on the University of Alaska Anchorage Geomatics Advisory Board.
Three ways to register
Register Online: HERE - This will take you to the IRWA National Website
Fax: (866) 388-7419 HERE - Registration form found on the IRWA National website
Phone: (310) 538-0233, x138
Jesse Ray, RWA
Phone: (425) 372-7636